Adjustment of Status

Consent to SMS Communication

Manhattan Adjustment of Status Lawyer

Get Adjustment Status Help From an Experienced Attorney

Through adjustment of status, you have the ability to apply for lawful permanent resident status —commonly known as a Green Card — during the time you are located in the United States. This can be a great option for individuals who are already in the country and want to avoid having to go back to a home country in order to finalize the visa process.

Who Qualifies for Adjustment of Status?

In order to qualify for adjustment of status, you must be physically in the United States and already be eligible for a green card, whether lawful permanent residence (LPR) or conditional residence via a family member who is a U.S. citizen or LPR or by having received asylum or refugee status at least 1 year prior.

There are additional requirements based on the circumstances of your situation as well. For example, if you entered the United States through a K-1 visa, to qualify for adjustment of status you must have already married the person who petitioned for you within the 90 days that your visa was valid. If you were married too late, you may still have an opportunity, but it may be best to speak with an experienced adjustment of status attorney. Attorney Patricia M. Machado has more than 24 years of experience and a thorough understanding of the law. Reach out for guidance on adjusting your immigration status.

Need help adjusting your immigration status? Contact the Law Office of Patricia M. Machado online or call (646) 355-1560. Se habla Español.

What is the Adjustment of Status Process?

The steps for adjustment of status include:

  • Finding out if you’re eligible for a Green Card status.
  • Filing an immigration petition
  • Checking visa availability.
  • Filing an I-485 form.
  • Attending an appointment with the Application Support Center.
  • Attending an interview.
  • Adhering to an additional evidence request.
  • Checking the status of your case.
  • Receiving the decision.

If you are an individual who is not located in the United States, the process for applying for a Green Card differs and is referred to as consular processing. Our firm is able to help in both of these situations and we recommend that you get in touch with our lawyers as soon as you can. Our firm is highly familiar with the adjustment of status process.

Decades of Experience in Immigration Law

At the Law Office of Patricia M. Machado, P.C., our team is Spanish-speaking and has decades of experience in helping clients with adjusting their legal status. We treat you with respect and provide your case the attention it deserves. We're here to answer any questions you may have and will return your calls within a 24 hour period.

Seeking an adjustment to your status can be a lifesaving solution, but it is important to do it correctly to increase your chances of a positive outcome. Our firm is here to provide hope, and nothing is more satisfying to us than seeing our clients receive the security of a Green Card.

Want to know about your options in adjustment of status? We make ourselves available to you. Call our office immediately at (646) 355-1560.

Recommended Reading:

You Need the Right Experience & Representation

Contact Us Today!
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.