Manhattan Immigration Appeals Lawyer
Appealing a Decision in Your Immigration Case in NYC
When you are dealing with a matter of immigration law, it is imperative that you have a New York City immigration appeals lawyer on your side. The laws and system can be complex, making it very easy to commit a costly mistake. We are proud to stand alongside individuals and family members seeking rights under immigration law, and at our firm know that you will be treated with respect from start to finish.
If you have an immigration issue, you need to know about your choices when it comes to appeals. A decision made in court does not mean you are out of options. An appeal allows you to ask for a reconsideration in the decision that was made in your case.
What Are The Grounds for Filing an Immigration Appeal in the United States?
The grounds for filing an immigration appeal in the United States may vary depending on the specific circumstances of each case.
However, some common grounds for filing an appeal include:
- Errors in law or misinterpretation of immigration statutes.
- Errors in the application of immigration regulations or policies.
- Incorrect factual findings made by the immigration judge or adjudicating officer.
- Violations of due process rights during the immigration proceedings.
- Lack of proper notice or opportunity to be heard during the immigration process.
- New evidence that was not previously available or considered.
- Ineffective assistance of counsel.
- Procedural errors committed during the immigration proceedings.
It's important to note that the specific grounds for filing an immigration appeal can be complex and may depend on the specific facts and circumstances of each case. Consulting with an immigration attorney is crucial to determine the appropriate grounds for filing an appeal and to navigate the appeals process successfully.
Making the Most of an Appeal
While you cannot present new evidence during an appeal, you can have the court look over and reevaluate the existing case, possibly correcting mistakes or unfair judgments that were made. Information could have also been misinterpreted or you may have been misrepresented by another legal party. Whatever the reason, an appeal allows us another chance to go before the court.
Some examples of cases to appeal include:
Depending on the details of your case, the appeal can be handled in different venues with the highest level going to the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA). One of the many benefits to having our Manhattan immigration attorney on your side is that we know your rights and what options are available. Many people in these cases don’t have the expertise and lose their cases, forcing them to face losing their rights or being deported.
Why Choose Us for Immigration Appeals?
- Specialized Expertise: Our Manhattan immigration appeals attorneys possess specialized expertise in immigration appeals, staying updated on the latest legal developments to craft effective and compelling appeals strategies.
- Track Record of Success: With a proven track record in handling immigration appeals, we have successfully assisted clients in overturning adverse decisions and securing favorable outcomes.
- Personalized Advocacy: Each immigration case is unique, and our client-centered approach ensures personalized advocacy tailored to the specific circumstances of your case.
Call Our Experienced Manhattan Immigration Appeals Attorney
There is a limited window of opportunity during which you can appeal your case, so don’t wait to contact our office and discuss your case with us. Our immigration appeals attorney in Manhattan will take the time to speak with you and get up to date on the details of your situation. We’ll use our knowledge and experience to provide an honest opinion on whether or not you have a valid claim to appeal.
Find out if you have a case worth appealing by contacting the Law Office Of Patricia M. Machado, P.C. at (646) 355-1560.