Consent to SMS Communication

Manhattan VAWA Immigration Lawyers

What is The Violence Against Women Act?

The Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) serves to represent women against violence. Under this act, a woman or man who is being abused by a spouse who is a lawful permanent resident or U.S. citizen will be able to obtain his or her own permanent residence or green card independently of the spouse.

The VAWA immigration lawyers at the Law Office of Patricia M. Machado, P.C. have experience with these cases have the experience it takes to help you.

If you believe you may fall under VAWA protection, call our immigration attorneys at F:P:Site:Phone} or contact us online now to get started on your New York City VAWA case.

How do I Know if My Case Qualifies as VAWA?

Victims may be eligible if battery or extreme cruelty was committed by certain persons:

  • A current or former spouse who is a U.S. citizen
  • A parent who is a U.S. citizen
  • A child who is a U.S. citizen
  • A spouse or former spouse who is a lawful permanent resident
  • A parent who is a lawful permanent resident

What To Do if You Fall Under VAWA Protections

If you are an immigrant who has dealt with a situation you believe falls under VAWA:

  1. Ensure that you are safe. Go to a shelter or a safe place.
  2. Contact law enforcement.
  3. Call a VAWA lawyer to handle your case.

These are extremely emotional and delicate situations that need to be handled by a highly trained professional. Do not hesitate to reach out to a professional. Our experienced VAWA attorneys can look out for your best interest and advocate on your behalf.

Decades of Experience & Commitment to Every Client

As a victim of violence, we want to make sure that you are safe. With more than 24 years of experience handling these matters, our attorney understands how to handle these types of cases. We can work with you to build a strong case in your favor and our team works diligently to move as fast and effectively as we can.

If you are a victim of violence who believes you may be eligible to become a lawful permanent resident, call our office at (646) 355-1560 and let us review your case.

    You Need the Right Experience & Representation

    Contact Us Today!
    • Please enter your first name.
    • Please enter your last name.
    • Please enter your phone number.
      This isn't a valid phone number.
    • Please enter your email address.
      This isn't a valid email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.