Motions to Reopen

Consent to SMS Communication

Motions to Reopen an Immigration Law Case in Manhattan

Put Your Case in the Hands of a New York City Attorney

If you have been placed in deportation proceedings, there are still legal options available to you. By submitting a motion to reopen your case, it may be possible to introduce new evidence and have a court grant it to you. By working with the Law Office of Patricia M. Machado, P.C., you will have an experienced motions to reopen lawyer on your side who understands how to strengthen your case.

Call (646) 355-1560 to schedule a consultation about motions to reopen your immigration case. Our motions to reopen lawyer is ready to help.

Can I Reopen My Immigration Case?

Yes, you may reopen your case if the final decision on your deportation case was unfavorable. In fact, you are able to file a motion to reopen even if your case is not eligible for an appeal. Motions to reopen need to be filed within a 90 day period.

How Do I File a Motion to Reopen?

To file a motion to reopen after being deported because you missed you Immigration hearing you must prove:

  • Extraordinary circumstances caused you to miss your immigration hearing.
  • Ineffective assistance of a past attorney.
  • The Notice to Appear with the time and date was sent to an incorrect address or not sent at all and you did not receive it..

Years of Experience & Affordable Representation

There are many benefits to having legal representation in your case. The legal system can be complicated and confusing. With our firm on your side, you have an advocate to attend meetings, adhere to timelines, review any paperwork, and provide strong guidance each step of the process. Many times a simple mistake or lack of legal knowledge can be the reason a case is lost.

With an motions to reopen lawyer in Manhattan on your side, you greatly increase your chances of a positive outcome. We have decades of experience handling legal cases and working in the local court system. Start with a consultation where we can review your case and provide an honest opinion on whether or not you have any legal options.

To seek out legal representation that puts you first, contact the Law Office of Patricia M. Machado, P.C. online or call (646) 355-1560.

You Need the Right Experience & Representation

Contact Us Today!
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.