Helping One Immigrant, One Family And One Future American At a Time

Work Authorization in the U.S. for Immigrants

Speak with a New York City Immigration Lawyer

If you are an immigrant to the United States who is seeking the ability to work, you will need to gain authorization from the government in order to do so. To find out if you're eligible and what the process is, contact the New York City immigration attorney at the Law Office of Patricia M. Machado, P.C. Our attorney can review your case and provide an honest, qualified opinion on whether or not you have a case worth pursuing.

Dial (646) 355-1560 or contact us online to schedule your consultation with our New York City immigration attorney.

If you are looking to work in the U.S. you will need to have either a permanent resident card (Green Card), employment authorization document, or a work visa. There are various types of employment based visas available and the process can vary depending on which type is right for you to pursue.

There are different types of employment situations the government recognizes:

  • Temporary worker: This is a nonimmigrant who is staying for a limited time and for a specific purpose.
  • Permanent worker: An immigrant who will permanently live and work in the country.
  • Students and exchange visitors: Students seeking to work while studying in the U.S.
  • Temporary visitors for business: Requires a B-1 visa unless eligible under the Visa Waiver Program.

Employment Visa Attorney for New York City

Our firm dedicates a large part of our practice to helping immigrants gain the rights and benefits to which they are entitled. We offer affordable legal service in the New York City area on the belief that everyone should have access to be professionally and capably represented. Attorney Patricia M. Machado has more than two decades of experience and is committed to gaining security in her clients’ cases.

To find out if you have a valid case under U.S. immigration law, speak with an attorney at our firm by calling (646) 355-1560. Don't delay in getting the representation you need!

We Will Fight to Give Your Case The Best Possibility For Success.