Skip to Content Top
Family Based Green Cards

New York City Green Cards Attorney

Obtain Your Green Card With Confidence

If you are seeking a Green Card for you or your family member, your first step should be to speak with a green card attorney. There are many important details involved in these cases, and even a simple mistake like a failure to include information could lead to a denial of your application. Patricia Machado has more than two decades of experience and is committed to helping immigrants navigate a complex legal system

Guidelines for Application

Under United States immigration law, an immigrant with a immediate familial relation to a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident may be eligible for a Green Card. Immediate family members include a spouse, parent, or minor child of a U.S. citizen and those who fall into any of these categories may be able to apply to become a lawful permanent resident.

These situations receive priority and visas are readily available. If you are not an immediate family member of a U.S. citizen, you may still be eligible under the guidelines listed below. Categories for obtaining a Green Card include:

  • First preference: Being the child of a U.S. citizen and at least 21 years old.
  • Second preference (F2A): Unmarried children younger than 21 or spouses of a lawful permanent resident.
  • Third preference (F2B): Unmarried children who are 21 or older of a lawful permanent resident.
  • Fourth preference: Siblings of a U.S. citizen who is at least 21 years old.

Call (646) 355-1560 & Speak With an Experienced Attorney

In order to seek a Green Card, a I-130 Form needs to be filed by the citizen or lawful permanent resident on behalf of the individual seeking the Green Card. The USCIS processes these forms and the timeframe for receiving an approval depends on the details of the case. There are a limited number of visas that the government provides depending on the country the individual is coming from and the priority date.

In cases where an immediate family member entered the country unlawfully, a I-601, Application for Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver can be filed. It is highly recommended that you discuss all these options with an NYC green card attorney and do not attempt to move forward without qualified representation.

If you are looking to obtain a Green Card or seek other immigration rights, contact our office immediately at (646) 355-1560 and a member of our team would be happy to talk with you about your circumstance.

You need the Right Experience & Representation

Contact Us Today
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy

Clients Recount Their Success Stories

Our Testimonials
    "Really went above & beyond to help my family."
    So amazing. They really went above and beyond to help my family. They are professional and get things done! Patty was with us every step of the way.
    - Alicia Lutes
    "Me siento muy agradecida y satisfecha con su trabajo."
    Muy profesional, resolvió mi caso de inmigración en breve tiempo , ya que es una abogada de renombre con mucha experiencia, me siento muy agradecida y satisfecha con su trabajo
    - Francisca E.
    "Thanks to lawyer Patricia Machado & lawyer Ernest for their work & professionalism."
    Thanks to lawyer Patricia Machado and lawyer Ernest for their work, professionalism, and excellent work. Thanks to them they won my husband's immigration case now he is with me and my son. God bless you always and I recommend you do an excellent job.
    - Halely B.
    "Son personas muy honestas y muy profesionales en su trabajo."
    Muchas gracias a los abogados Patrícia Machado y Ernest Atalay que ganaron mi caso de inmigración hoy puedo estar con mi familia, definitivamente se los recomiendo ellos son muy profesionales en su trabajo y te hablan con la verdad, si es que ellos te pueden ayudar son personas muy honestas y muy profesionales en su trabajo,así que definitivamente,se los Recomiendo.
    - Ismael D.
    "After 10 years in the USA I was able to see my family again!"
    Thanks to the hard work of all the associates and staff of Mrs. Machado's office I was able to successfully completed my immigration case. The timeline for my case Usually takes Five years thanks God they made it happen in 2 years. The price for their services is very reasonable and they guide you through the process in detail. I will be forever grateful for their commitment and dedication. After 10 years in the USA, I was able to see my family again. Thanks a million again.
    - Cassio C.
    "Gracias Patricia Machado eres lo máximo como abogado en caso de Inmigración."
    Llegar a su oficina fue lo mejor que me ha pasado para resolver un problema de inmigración para mi sobrino Wilmer. Tiene un personal muy amable y eficiente, conocerla es lo mejor que me ha pasado. La recomiendo de todo corazón es la mejor. Dios le de mucha salud y bendiciones para que pueda seguir ayudando nuestra comunidad.
    - Maria Lopez Y Wilmer Acosta
    "Lo mejor en abogados son muy preparados honestos y te defienden de casos muy dificiles 100% garantizados."
    Lo mejor en abogados son muy preparados honestos y te defienden de casos muy dificiles 100% garantizados.
    - Delmy F
    "Preparados y honestos!"
    Lo mejor en abogados son muy preparados honestos y te defienden de casos muy dificiles 100% garantizados.
    - Delmy F.